Start your marriage off on a strong financial footing!
The Faith Finances Intensive Marriage Preparation Course is designed to successfully prepare (financially) all participating couples, for the life-long journey of marriage. What makes this course different from other marriage prep courses? Simple! All of the material is drawn from Holy Scripture and the richness of the Catholic tradition, and proven by the most time-tested of money techniques. Designed, and written by best-selling author and personal-finance counselor Thomas E. Zordani, the Faith Finances course guides the couples through a step-by-step approach in discussing all of the important aspects of finances; understanding finances, gaining control of them, and integrating them while promoting prayer, a high level of virtue, and growth in the Catholic faith. The course focuses on the physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual aspects of money, and how it should be handled, covering topics such as:
- Family history — how attitudes and beliefs of money management might have been created
- What does God expect of us?
- The mechanics of finances (the eight steps), as an individual then as a family
- Priorities (Faith / Family / Careers)
- Debt — is it for us? /avoiding it / elimination of it
- Preparing to buy a home
- Financial disagreements and challenges
- Special situations (re-marriage / step children / problems arising from cohabitation / owning a home before marriage)
- Faith-building exercises and scriptures for discussion
It is recommended that the Faith Finances book be used while taking this course.